1/07/2009

Passing of Gus

Picture of Gus with Pentax DA 50-200 f/4.0-5.6 and Pentax K100DPhoto of Gus
taken with Pentax DA 50-200 f/4.0-5.6

Our family are saddened with the passing of Gus over the holidays. Gus is the male goose in my neighbor's garden. He left behind his spouse Lily along with his good friends Daisy and Digger. I dearly miss seeing Gus around when I drive by. It has been a long fight with diabetes and I am so proud of my neighbor's love for animals that every bit of care giving and nursery is given to Gus in the fight with his diabetes to his last day in the neighbor.

My neighbor has the best garden that I have ever visited. It is filled with awesome flowers, fruit trees, and it has a landscape designed to share the pleasant space with birds, cats, squirrels and many friendly visitors with fur and feathers. It is a special treat for my boys to visit Gus, Lily, Daisy and Digger on a daily basis. They are the human like animals with a big heart for people. They greeted you with a touch of fur and a genuine hello for your attention. Gus has the distinct voice when strangers are around the neighbor. He is the watchdog and great companion for Lily, my home and my neighbors.

Picture of Gus & Lily with Pentax DA 50-200 f/4.0-5.6 & Pentax K20D


Gus is very protective of Lily and they have become such a romantic couple that I can envy at times when I pass by their path. They always follow each other strolling around their little ponds and lovely garden from dawn to dust. It is sad to see Lily sitting in the pond all by herself without Gus watching over her with a tender heart and watchful ears. The above picture of Gus & Lily reminds me of movie in March of the Penguins where the Royal Penguins dance in lovely pairs with rituals and charisma that are human like with love and romance


I am hoping time and good friends in the neighborhood will heal the passing of Gus. And my neighbor has been wonderful in keeping animals in pairs. And I am yet to learn about the name of our new friendly neighboring geese who keeps Lily in good company in her grieving period. But my boys and I do know Daisy and Digger who always keep Lily and my boys in good company



Picture of Daisy & Digger with Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8  & Pentax K20DDaisy & Digger
with Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8


my neighbor with AutoStich





2 comments:

roentare said... @ January 8, 2009 at 12:26:00 PM PST

This gus is sooo cute. A very warm series of images

Hin Man said... @ January 8, 2009 at 2:43:00 PM PST

Thank you so much for the visit and comment.

Post a Comment