9/19/2013

Don't You Mess With Me





1/60sec, 30mm, f/2.8, iso 1000, 0 Ev
Sigma 30mm f/2.8, nex 5N, Big crop from original


The picture was shot on a sleepy toad in Academy of Sciences in San Francisco through a glass enclosure.  It is unusual that I am posting picture not from my favorite Pentax K-5/K-7/K20D. It is a good question that I don't even ask myself consciously why am I posting more non-Pentax branded pictures. It is quite unfortunate (but lovely) that I have found the sweet spot in carrying less and do more with my photos. I still treasure and will continue to use my K-5 until it drops dead. Will I invest more on Pentax. Yes and No. I want to get the DA* 16-50, DA 18-135mm and and FA 31limited but I am short on funding and I want to reserve my funding for the NEX line of development. And the Fuji, Olympus, and the Hasselblad/Rolleiflex pull my legs all the time.

The truth of the matter is I can only pick one system to go out at a time. When it become more serious shooting as in an event, portrait, studio and others, I will pick Pentax.



0 comments:

Post a Comment